Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wedding Month

It has been such a whirlwind these past two months -- hard to believe so much time has passed so quickly!! It has been so packed with awesome fellowship, and we have felt beyond blessed to have such amazing family and incredible friends to show us support and love and encouragement during this joyful time.

April was very busy as I was finishing my move over into the new place, and I kept myself occupied with decorating, organizing, cleaning, and preparing to move furniture from Goeffrey's apartment. I was also finishing up my Spring semester with Clemson, which proved to be the most challenging yet.  It was very challenging and made me really contemplate why I was putting myself through such stress, and gave me a renewed motivation to keep pushing through for another 4 semesters. However, it was very rewarding to have my efforts pay off and walk away with a 4.0 for the courses! As I wrapped up my finals, I also packed up and headed down to Hilton Head Island with the most wonderful group of girls to celebrate my Bachelorette weekend! My beautiful bridesmaids and roommate in Columbia came down for time to relax, eat, drink, and catch up as we are spread out from Baltimore and NYC to Hilton Head.  I can't express how special they made that time together.  I am truly thankful for how the Lord has blessed each of those relationships, and how the distance between us doesn't hinder their support or shared excitement for Geoffrey and me.


May was a month of "showers" ...figuratively and literally.  Our first party was given by Blake and Jess in Barnwell, and they had to move their efforts inside, as the rain hindered the plans they'd made for the front lawn. We were still fortunate enough to enjoy dinner on the front porch as the rain gave us a break to spend time together.  We felt so encouraged to spend time with our Chick-fil-A family, and receive such support from them.  A few weekends later, the rain continued for our travel weekend from one side of the state to the other.  We spent Friday night in Greenville and celebrated Saturday with our family and friends in the Upstate! It was such a fun time, and hard to believe that a good majority of it was spent introducing Geoffrey to so many people who have played such big roles in my life growing up.  It was very special to have that time together, and to have such generous gifts given to help continue to build our home together.  It has been quite an adventure organizing and arranging the house!  Sunday we traveled to Sumter in monsoon-like rain for a shower that some of Geoff's teachers and "second mamas" threw for us that afternoon.  It was such an honor to have them want to put on something for me before we'd even met -- really a joyful time to celebrate and get to know people.

Today is the first day of our wedding month and marks two weeks from the wedding...it's hard to believe that we are finally this close!  We couldn't be more excited to see all of the details come together and the work pay off -- see you in 14 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment